- 1960–1969 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
4 cm of textual records
Name of creator
Gallery Moos was opened by Walter Moos in May 1959 at the corner of Avenue Road and Davenport Road in Toronto. Early in 1963 it moved to Yorkville Avenue, becoming one of the first arrivals in what was to become a significant gallery district of the city, and subsequently prospered there for some 30 years. In July 1992 the gallery moved to 622 Richmond Street West.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Series comprises files on Walter Moos’ art-acquisition journeys to Europe in the 1960s. Records include correspondence, itineraries, dealer literature, and invoices. .
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
No further accruals are expected.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Access to material in this series requires the written permission of the directors of Gallery Moos until a period of five years has elapsed from the time that Gallery Moos ceases operation. Access to Special Collections is by appointment only. Please contact the reference desk for more information.
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright is held by Gallery Moos. Copyright belonging to other parties, such as that of photographs, may still rest with the creator of these items. It is the researcher’s responsibility to obtain permission for the reproduction of any part of the fonds.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Gallery Moos (Creator)